Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga@gmail.com> wrote:
> Scott Marlowe wrote:

>>> Then I get the following. The rather wierd dip at 5 threads is consistent
>>> over multiple tries:
>>>

>> I get similar dips on my server.  Especially as you make the stream
>> test write a large enough chunk of data to outrun its caches.
>>
>> See attached png.
>>

> Interesting graph, especially since the overall feeling is a linear like
> increase in memory bandwidth when more cores are active.
>
> Just curious, what is the 8-core cpu?

8 core = dual 2352 cpus (2x4) 2.1 GHz
12 core = dual 2427 cpus (2x6) 2.2 GHz
48 core = quad 6127 cpus (4x12) 2.1 GHz

От: Yeb Havinga
Сообщение: Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop
От: Gerhard Wiesinger
Сообщение: Re: Major performance problem after upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4