Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop

От Yeb Havinga
Тема Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> export OMP_NUM_THREADS=4
>>>
>> Then I get the following. The rather wierd dip at 5 threads is consistent
>> over multiple tries:
>>

> I get similar dips on my server.  Especially as you make the stream
> test write a large enough chunk of data to outrun its caches.
>
> See attached png.

Interesting graph, especially since the overall feeling is a linear like
increase in memory bandwidth when more cores are active.

Just curious, what is the 8-core cpu?

-- Yeb

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop