Re: JDBC gripe list

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: JDBC gripe list
Дата
Re: JDBC gripe list  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 9:38 PM, dmp <danap@ttc-cmc.net> wrote:
> Dave Cramer wrote:
>>
>> Just got back from pgeast. Seems everyone seems to have a gripe about
>> the JDBC driver.
>>
>> My sense is that for basic read/write/update/delete the driver works
>> just fine. However I'd like to compile a list of everyone's gripe.
>>
>> Dave
>
> Perhaps some elaboration on the types of gripes Dave would be more
> informative on what's going on.
>
> The only comment I would have to say I guess is the notice in the last
> year or so is an expansion of consistent contributors at the database
> server project. The same does not appear to be happening with the JDBC.
> Looks like reports are coming in and source modification request, but
> no real additional consistent people to help out in the day to day
> activities. It appears that Kris is the only one left to guardian the
> JDBC through from release to release. Perhaps my assessment is wrong,
> but when a project gets so big then it takes almost one or two people
> full time, or that number of man hours, to insure it stays on track
> with all the basic upkeep.
>
> Dana M. Proctor
> MyJSQLView Project Manager

There are 3 committers on the JDBC project. Currently Kris has been
shouldering the load, but both Oliver and I are still here.

As far as the types of gripes I heard, there was nothing really
specific except perhaps statement timeout. There was one comment about
"when were we going to get a good JDBC driver". So this is an attempt
to build a list so that we can see the magnitude

Dave