Re: JDBC gripe list

От dmp
Тема Re: JDBC gripe list
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:
> Just got back from pgeast. Seems everyone seems to have a gripe about
> the JDBC driver.
>
> My sense is that for basic read/write/update/delete the driver works
> just fine. However I'd like to compile a list of everyone's gripe.
>
> Dave

Perhaps some elaboration on the types of gripes Dave would be more
informative on what's going on.

The only comment I would have to say I guess is the notice in the last
year or so is an expansion of consistent contributors at the database
server project. The same does not appear to be happening with the JDBC.
Looks like reports are coming in and source modification request, but
no real additional consistent people to help out in the day to day
activities. It appears that Kris is the only one left to guardian the
JDBC through from release to release. Perhaps my assessment is wrong,
but when a project gets so big then it takes almost one or two people
full time, or that number of man hours, to insure it stays on track
with all the basic upkeep.

Dana M. Proctor
MyJSQLView Project Manager

Сообщение: Re: idea to have driver return immediately after a query
Сообщение: Re: idea to have driver return immediately after a query