Re: unlogged tables

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: unlogged tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Robert, All:
>
> I hope you're following the thread on -general about this feature.
> We're getting a lot of feedback.

I haven't been; I'm not subscribed to general; it'd be useful to CC me
next time.

Reading through the thread in the archives, it seems like people are
mostly confused.  Some are confused about the current behavior of the
patch (no, it really does always truncate your tables, I swear);
others are confused about how WAL logging works (of course a backend
crash doesn't truncate an ordinary table - that's because it's WAL
LOGGED); and still others are maybe not exactly confused but hoping
that unlogged table = MyISAM (try not to corrupt your data, but don't
get too bent out of shape about the possibility that it may get
corrupted anyway).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company