Re: Latches with weak memory ordering (Re: max_wal_senders must die)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Latches with weak memory ordering (Re: max_wal_senders must die)
Дата
Re: Latches with weak memory ordering (Re: max_wal_senders must die)  (Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:07 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> So the complicated case seems to be !defined(HAS_TEST_AND_SET) which uses
> spinlocks for that purpose - no idea where that is true these days.

Me neither, which is exactly the problem.  Under Tom's proposal, any
architecture we don't explicitly provide for, breaks.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company