Re: ssl file permission

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: ssl file permission
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Sorry. Execute permission for owner may have been on prior to chmod og-rwx .  I thought that might be a problem and 600 eliminates that

On Sep 26, 2020, at 9:29 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 1:23 PM PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/libpq-ssl.html

The instruction to use "chmod og-rwx" could leave the file with read
permission set.  Elsewhere the suggestion is "chmod 600".

Not sure what you mean here -- how could it leave it with read permission set?

(Obviously it could for the owner, but 0600 also includes read permissions for the owner)

That said, it might be a good idea to be consistent since we seem to use a mix of different styles of chmod.