Re: PITR Based replication ...

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема Re: PITR Based replication ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Apr 4, 2006, at 4:05 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I know ppl are using it to do replication, but has anyone
> documented what is involved in doing so?
>
> thanks ...

I'll be curious to hear stories of people using it for replication.
The way I interpret replication, there's an available database (even
if read-only) on both ends. With PITR/on-line backups, the way I
understand it, there's no way to provide availability to the recovery
database because it's in a process of continuous recovery. It
qualifies as high availability in terms of a failover solution, but
the recovery database is not actually available until something
triggers it to recover, at which point any writing done to it causes
it to cease to be a replicant of the base database.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Database Architecture and Programming

http://www.sitening.com/