Memory limits and PostgreSQL 8.4 - Over 63 GB of memory for DB?

От Tapio Pitkäranta
Тема Memory limits and PostgreSQL 8.4 - Over 63 GB of memory for DB?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

We are running PostgreSQL 8.4 on a server with Linux CentOS with 144 GB of memory.

We have not been able to assign over 63 GB of memory for the Postgres: if we try to do that, we are not able to start the postgresql server process.

Is there some limit in postgres that is causing this?

Br,

Tapsa

--

Tapio Pitkäranta