Re: Postgresql 9.5 error

От Igor Neyman
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.5 error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Yogi Barot
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 10:05 AM
To: 'Steve Crawford' <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Postgresql 9.5 error

Ok Got it, I found bellow:

spclocation is deprecated.

This field was duplicative of the symbolic links that actually define tablespace locations, and thus risked errors of omission when moving a tablespace. This change allows tablespace directories to be moved while the server is down, by manually adjusting the symbolic links. To replace this field,

we have added pg_tablespace_location() to allow querying of the symbolic links

But, how to update tablespace location in 9.5? I moved tablespace to different location, what is next step now?

Thanks,

From http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/manage-ag-tablespaces.html :

The directory $PGDATA/pg_tblspc contains symbolic links that point to each of the non-built-in tablespaces defined in the cluster. Although not recommended, it is possible to adjust the tablespace layout by hand by redefining these links. Under no circumstances perform this operation while the server is running. Note that in PostgreSQL 9.1 and earlier you will also need to update the pg_tablespace catalog with the new locations.

Regards,

Igor Neyman