Re: How to expand existing table-space

От Igor Neyman
Тема Re: How to expand existing table-space
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Ravi Krishna
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 2:53 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] How to expand existing table-space

If the FS associated with the existing FS is reaching capacity, and sys-admins do not want to expand the FS any more
andare advising us to use a new FS, what is the best practice in this case.  Since PG does not have concept of adding
datafiles to existing tablespace, how do we add space with no outage.

Thanks.

--

I see no other way, but create new TS on the new FS and move objects (all or some of them) from old into new TS.

Regards,
Igor Neyman