Re: pg_dump and pg_restore with multiple streams does Not seem to improve overall times

От Igor Neyman
Тема Re: pg_dump and pg_restore with multiple streams does Not seem to improve overall times
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Jan Lentfer
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2015 12:42 PM
To: Mel Llaguno
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] pg_dump and pg_restore with multiple streams does Not seem to improve overall times

I don't know about parallel pg_dump as we use -Fc and pg_dump can't do that in parallel (afaik). For dumping I have
wrappedpg_dump in a shell script to dump several databases in parallel.

But for pg_restore -j option does make a big difference, at least when you have a lot of larger tables and indexes.

Regards,

Jan

Combination of -Fc  and -j definitely works in pg_dump.  And there is nothing in the docs that states otherwise.

Regards,
Igor Neyman

Сообщение: Re: migrating to 9.2 created blank dbs
Сообщение: Re: migrating to 9.2 created blank dbs