Re: Copy command Faster than original select

От Igor Neyman
Тема Re: Copy command Faster than original select
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I think, it is the difference between writing 43602 records into the file and displaying 43602 records on screen.
If you wrap up your select into select count(a.*) from your select, e.g.:

Select count(a.*) from (select ... from mytable join .. join ... order by ....) as a;

This will exclude time to display all these rows, so you'll get the same (or better) performance as with "copy" into
textfile, which will prove this theory.

Regards,
Igor Neyman