Psql errors

От Carol Walter
Тема Psql errors
Дата
Re: Psql errors  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I just installed Postgres 8.3.4.  I have an instance of 8.2.4 running
on the same box.  When I start psql I get errors as follows:

Welcome to psql 8.3.4 (server 8.2.4), the PostgreSQL interactive
terminal.

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help with psql commands
        \q to quit

WARNING:  You are connected to a server with major version 8.2,
but your psql client is major version 8.3.  Some backslash commands,
such as \d, might not work properly.

template1=# \l
ld.so.1: psql: fatal: relocation error: file /db02/postgres/bin/psql:
symbol pg_valid_server_encoding_id: referenced symbol not found
Killed
-bash-3.00$

There are two problems here that may or may not be related.  One
problem is that when I start psql using the binary I just loaded, the
right version of psql starts but it is looking at the wrong database
instance.  Secondly, there is a library that in can't find.

Please help with debugging these problems.

Thank you very much,
Carol