Re: Different versions between psq/postgres and the actual database

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Different versions between psq/postgres and the actual database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Wei Shan wrote:
> I'm facing this issue and I wondering how to fix it.
>
> Output of postgres --version
> $ /usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/postgres --version
> postgres (PostgreSQL) 9.2.14
>
> Output of psql version
> $ psql --version
> psql (PostgreSQL) 9.2.14
>
> Output of postgres DB running version.
> -bash-4.1$ psql signserver
> psql (9.2.14, server 9.2.4)
> signserver=# select version();
>                                                    version
> --------
>  PostgreSQL 9.2.4 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-3),
> 64-bit
>

> I'm not sure how did it got to this situation as this is the staging environment and it's monitored.
> Is it possible to "relink" the libraries? I prefer not to upgrade to 9.4

There are several possibilities:

- You upgraded, but forgot to restart the postmaster.
  Try "pg_ctl restart -m fast" and see if it fixes the problem.

- You connect to a different PostgreSQL installation.
  What are the environment variables PGHOST and PGPORT set to?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe