Re: string not equal query, postgresql 9.4.4

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: string not equal query, postgresql 9.4.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
John Scalia wrote:
> I'm believing something here may be something incorrect with my setup, but here's the output from \d+
> results
>
> Table "public.results"
> Column       |                 Type               | Modifiers | Storage     | Stats target |
> Description
> instrument | character varying(10)  | not null     | extended |                       |
> date             | character varying(15)  | not null     | extended |                       |
> result           | character(4)                  | not null     | extended |                       |
>
> The table has six rows:
>
> Instrument |        date        | result
> -----------------+-------------------+----------
> visc100        | 01/01/2015 | PASS
> visc60          | 01/01/2015 | FAIL
> visc60pre    | 01/01/2015 | 6FB3
> visc60post  | 01/01/2015 | 7F5A
> density        | 01/01/2015 | PASS
> base             | 01/01/2015 | PASS
>
> The last query I ran was:
>
> SELECT * FROM results where result <> 'PASS';
>
> and it produced all the rows, not just the ones beginning with visc60 that I expected. Based on what
> you had written, I should have seen the correct output. So, any ideas?

Not really...

What does the execution plan look like:
  EXPLAIN (VERBOSE, COSTS off) SELECT * FROM results where result <> 'PASS';

What do you get for
  SHOW lc_collate;
  SHOW lc_ctype;
Maybe some problem with your locale...

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: John Scalia
Сообщение: Re: string not equal query, postgresql 9.4.4