Re: PostgresDB - Advise on possible data corruption

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: PostgresDB - Advise on possible data corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Porwal, Utkarsh wrote:
>>> At a customer environment we found an issue where insertion to a
>>> particular table fails with errors like
>>>
>>> ERROR: invalid page header in block 9757828 of relation
>>> base/2403282/2403731

>> On further investigation, it is found that the issue with inserts is with table A. However the error
>> of blocks point to a pg_toast table associated with Table A (this has been confirmed).
>>
>> Also, from the errors I see that a total of 70 blocks are complaining about errors and block size is
>> 8KB.
>>
>> Any advise to take it further? I was thinking of reindexing the toast table but it doesn't have a
>> index . Also I fail to understand why inserts will have a problem since it will write to a new
>> location.

> Anyone??

An INSERT in a database table is not an append to a file.

If your toast table is corrupted and you don't have a backup, your best bet is to
salvage all the data you can by selectively dumping as much of the table as possible.
Expect data loss.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe