Re: Re: How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Re: How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Andre_Mikulec wrote:
> No, the server never starts.

Can you prove that?

> Same response being produced by pg_ctl
>
> LOG:  incomplete startup packet
> LOG:  could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

So if the server never starts, who wrote these log entries?

> This seems to be a DEEP problem.

Possibly, but it is hard to tell from here.

Try to figure out if the server process has really died and what message it wrote
to the log when it did.
Try to figure out if you can establish a TCP connection to the server port.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe