Re: File System based PostgreSQL Database server restore to a different mount point.

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: File System based PostgreSQL Database server restore to a different mount point.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
girish R G peetle wrote:
> We have requirement to perform File system based restore of entire PostgreSQL database server to a
> different mount point.
>
> -> I know that if no user created tablespaces are involved, we have just need to restore the entire
> DATA directory to new mount point, modify configuration parameters if required and then start the
> server.
> -> If user created table-space directories are involved, then we will have to manually adjust the
> symbolic links (under pg_tblspc) to the new tablespace directory path and bring up the server.
>
> Adjusting symbolic links is a workaround ( hook! ), is there a any official documentation on how
> 'PostgreSQL server restore to a different mount point' can be achieved ?

That should work.
The only documentation is at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-PITR-RECOVERY
which mentions tablespaces, but does not discuss your case directly.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe