Re: Postgresql not accessible, recovering

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Postgresql not accessible, recovering
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Gary Stainburn wrote:
> My Bacula system has stopped working because it cannot access the Postgresql
> server.
>
> I have tried restarting the server using
>
> systemctl restart postgresql
>
> and
>
> pg_ctl start (from postgres user)
>
> I get nothing appearing on-screen using either method but the server is still
> unaccessible.
>
> Doing a 'ps ax' found the following output.  Can anyone help on what I need to
> do next as Google only returns posts relating to replication which I don't
> use.
>
> -bash-4.2$ ps ax|grep post
> 29370 pts/0    S      0:00 su - postgres
> 29446 pts/0    S      0:00 /usr/bin/postgres
> 29447 ?        Ss     0:00 postgres: logger process
> 29448 ?        Ds     0:07 postgres: startup process   recovering
> 000000010000000C000000FD
> 29653 ?        Ss     0:00
> gvim /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/postgresql.service
> 29746 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto post
> -bash-4.2$

That means that PostgreSQL is recovering from a crash or immediate
shutdown.  You won't be able to access the server until recovery has
finished.

You should look into your PostgreSQL server log file to determine
what is going on.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql not accessible, recovering
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql not accessible, recovering