Re: pg_xlogfile_name for PostgreSQL 8.0

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: pg_xlogfile_name for PostgreSQL 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
girish R G peetle wrote:
> On PostgreSQL 8.0, I need to convert output of pg_start_backup / pg_stop_backup to transaction log
> file name. In the the latest versions we have pg_xlogfile_name function to do this, but 8.0 there is
> not function to achieve this.
>
> Is it possible to export pg_xlogfile_name function from the latest versions(8.2+) and import it to
> PostgreSQL 8.0 server ?
>
> I couldn't find any information regrading getting a dump of system function in PostgreSQL
> documentation.

You cannot dump/restore this function into 8.0, it needs server side C code.

The best you can probably do is to figure out part of the name yourself,
like WAL location '1/80000A8' corresponds to *0000000100000008 (with a wildcard,
because we do not know the time line).
That's maybe good enough to narrow down which WAL file to archive.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe