Re: vacuum / analyze parent tables on partitioned tables.

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: vacuum / analyze parent tables on partitioned tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bert wrote:
> I wrote a script to make sure all tables are vacuumed and analyzed every evening. This works very
> well.

Autovacuum doesn't do the job for you?

That would save you from worries like the ones you have.

> Does anyone has an idea why in this case the vacuum/analyze takes almost as long on the parent table
> as on the biggest child table? (the other child tables are smaller than f_tranaction_1, and their
> vacuum/analyze time is much shorter).

ANALYZE on the parent table gathers statistics about the child
tables as well, so it scans them too.

You still need to ANALYZE and VACUUM the child tables though.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe