Re: Connections Crashing

От Shahbaz A. Tyagi
Тема Re: Connections Crashing
Дата
Re: Connections Crashing  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Its not happening in all the machines, its only some machines. I am testing
on XP 32 bit. Its coming only while running Postgres and accessing the DB.

Strange part is that some machines are getting restarted as soon as it gets
the error.

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Richard Huxton
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:59 AM
To: Shahbaz A. Tyagi
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Connections Crashing

Shahbaz A. Tyagi wrote:
> We are using Postgres 8.3.1 binary distribution, and copying the same
along
> with software installation.

Can you reproduce this with a more recent version of 8.3 (8.3.7 is current).

> From last some time we have started getting error as message dialog
showing
> error 0xC0000142 and after that, connections are crashing.

> LOG:  server process (PID 8156) was terminated by exception 0xC0000142
>
> HINT:  See C include file "ntstatus.h" for a description of the
hexadecimal
> value.

A bit of googling suggests this is STATUS_DLL_INIT_FAILED, and although
I'm not a Windows expert I'd expect that to be an error you only see on
startup, rather than after PostgreSQL has been running for a while.

Could it be an anti-virus package interfering?

Do you have any more information on the situation? Are the machines
running XP/Vista/Server 2003? Do you only see it on 32/64-bit? Do some
machines show this problem while others are OK?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd