Re: Connections Crashing

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Connections Crashing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shahbaz A. Tyagi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Its not happening in all the machines, its only some machines. I am testing
> on XP 32 bit. Its coming only while running Postgres and accessing the DB.
>
> Strange part is that some machines are getting restarted as soon as it gets
> the error.

You mean the whole machine crashes and restarts? That shouldn't even be
possible.

>> From last some time we have started getting error as message dialog
> showing
>> error 0xC0000142 and after that, connections are crashing.
>
>> LOG:  server process (PID 8156) was terminated by exception 0xC0000142

It's probably worth making sure you are logging connections
(log_connections) and are recording the PID in the log-lines
(log_line_prefix).

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/runtime-config-logging.html

Presumably this error is occuring when a new connection is made, but it
would be sensible to make sure.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd