Re: Postgresql 8.1.3 Debian installation encoding question

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема Re: Postgresql 8.1.3 Debian installation encoding question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
>> OK, but how is it derived? As far as I know, I did not change
>> anything in the locales since the previous time I installed
>> PostgreSQL.
>
> If your locale is POSIX then it will choose SQL_ASCII.  So there is
> nothing wrong in PostgreSQL, it's just that your locale is
> not what you apparently need.
I was certainly not implying that PostgreSQL was at fault (I wouldn't dare on a PostgreSQL mailinglist ;-) ).

But I cannot find where I have to configure what locale in the OS to get UTF8 as default encoding for the databases. (I
readhttp://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/multibyte.html but that did not give me that info). Can you tell me this
orgive me a pointer to the answer?

TIA

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 8.1.3 Debian installation encoding question
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 8.1.3 Debian installation encoding question