Upgrade from 8.1.4 to 8.1.9

От Campbell, Lance
Тема Upgrade from 8.1.4 to 8.1.9
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

In order to upgrade from 8.1.4 to 8.1.9 I get the impression from the documentation I should do the following:

1)       stop my database

2)       back it up (just for safety purposes)

3)       install the new version overtop of the old one (I would actually rename the install directory of 8.1.4 before installing 8.1.9 – I am paranoid)

4)       then start PostgreSQL

Since the version I am upgrading to is still version 8.1.X then I don’t have to backup the old database and then restore it from backup into the new PostgreSQL version.  The configuration files are suppose to work just fine.  I just need to install the new version.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect