PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies

От Campbell, Lance
Тема PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies
Список pgsql-performance

Below is a link to the HTML JavaScript configuration page I am creating:

http://www.webservices.uiuc.edu/postgresql/

I had many suggestions.  Based on the feedback I received, I put together the initial list of questions.  This list of questions can be change.

Memory

There are many different ways to ask about memory.  Rather than ask a series of questions I went with a single question, #2.  If it is better to ask about the memory in a series of questions then please give me the questions you would ask and why you would ask each of them.  From my understanding the primary memory issue as it relates to PostgreSQL is “how much memory is available to PostgreSQL”.  Remember that this needs to be as simple as possible.

My next step is to list the PostgreSQL parameters found in the postgresql.conf file and how I will generate their values based on the questions I have so far.  I will primarily focus on PostgreSQL 8.2.x.  Once I have a consensus from everyone then I will put functionality behind the “Generate Suggested Settings” button.

Thanks for all of the feedback,

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs

University of Illinois

217.333.0382

http://webservices.uiuc.edu

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies