postgres clustering interactions with pg_dump

От Fitch, Britt
Тема postgres clustering interactions with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi, I have a table that I am clustering on an index.

I am then dumping that table via pg_dump –Fc and loading it into another database via pg_restore.

It is unclear to me though if the clustering I did in the original database is preserved during the dump & restore or if I would still need to perform a CLUSTER again once the data was loaded into the new database.

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers,

Britt