Re: PostgreSQL XAResource & GlassFish 3.1.2.2

От Bryan Varner
Тема Re: PostgreSQL XAResource & GlassFish 3.1.2.2
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
So, in our testing, this has eliminated one source of error. We do see -some- improvement.

However, I'm -very- confused about why the XAResource implementation for postgres has so many condition checks, why
it'stracking what xid was being serviced by the resource (these are global). It seems like the XAResource
implementationisn't trusting the global transaction manager to actually track xids to resources.

Is this due to the overly simplistic isSameRM method, where it's not actually comparing if the resources is the same
resourcerather than the same rmid (pointer to an XAResource)?

I'm not an XA expert, but I've been doing some comparison / contrasting to other open source implementations, and it
seemslike other implementations are merely tracking some simple state (are we in a global tx or not?) but none of them
areenforcing the restrictions the PG resource is regarding currentxid.

So I guess my question is, does anyone know why the pg XAResource was implemented in this fashion? I'm not trying to
sayit's wrong, it would just be very beneficial to understand why it's like this, and what the motivation was.

Regards,
-Bryan