Re: Major Performance decrease after some hours

От Alexander Staubo
Тема Re: Major Performance decrease after some hours
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It appears to me that work_mem is a more significant configuration
option than previously assumed by many PostgreSQL users, myself
included. As with many database optimizations, it's an obscure
problem to diagnose because you generally only observe it through I/O
activity.

One possibility would be to log a warning whenever work_mem is
exceeded (or exceeded by a certain ratio). I would also love a couple
of new statistics counters tracking the amount of work memory used
and the amount of work memory that has spilled over into pgsql_tmp.

Alexander.