Re: Major Performance decrease after some hours

От Peter Bauer
Тема Re: Major Performance decrease after some hours
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

inspired by the last posting "Weird disk write load caused by
PostgreSQL?" i increased the work_mem from 1 to 7MB and did some
loadtest with vacuum every 10 minutes. The system load (harddisk) went
down and everything was very stable at 80% idle for nearly 24 hours!
I am currently performing some pgbench runs to evaluate the hardware
and configuration for the system but i think the biggest problems are
solved so far.

thx everybody,
Peter