Re: Multiple languages in one database

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Multiple languages in one database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mar 18, 2005, at 5:54 PM, Mont Rothstein wrote:

> I need to store multiple languages in one database (English, Spanish,
> Chinese, Korean, ???).  At first I thought I would just us Unicode,
> but then I realized that it is only UTF-8 and it is my understanding
> that UTF-8 is insufficient for Chinese and Korean.  I state this
> because I am starting to think that it is possible this assumption is
> incorrect.

Your assumption is incorrect. The idea of unicode is to have a single
character set for representing all languages. UTF-8 is a representation
of unicode and is designed to encode any unicode character.

See http://www.unicode.org/ and

http://www.unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/