Re: Oracle buys Innobase

От Welty, Richard
Тема Re: Oracle buys Innobase
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Brent Wood wrote:
>Two? I haven't used Firebird, but have heard lots of positive comments
>from users. Firebird/Postgres/MySQL together maybe? Or with all the
>embedded SQLlite users out there, perhaps all four.... :-)

i can't think of a single good reason why anyone in the PostgreSQL
community would put any time or energy into helping save MySQL
AB's bacon. one of the downsides of FUD campaigns is that people
remember these things.

PostgreSQL is BSD licensed, they can take it if they want and try
and do something with it. good luck trying and all that.

richard