Re: Database level encryption

От Melissa Peterson
Тема Re: Database level encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:45:52 +0300 Timothy Madden wrote:

> The machine is a mini-laptop running almost all day time (actually
> there are many of them) and if the machine is captured it is likely to
> be captured while running. With an encrypted file system if the
> machine is already booted you already have access to the file system
> and can simply copy it and even place back the machine without anyone
> notice anything.

If someone grabbing one and running is the main issue, in addition to encrypting the file system, you could switch out any semi-decent batteries in the laptops to old ones that don't hold a charge. At that point, they'd have the same requirement as desktops- they'd have to be plugged in to stay on.

Melissa Peterson
R&D Engineer
melissa@gigacrete.com
GigaCrete, Inc.
6775 Speedway Boulevard, Suite M-104
Las Vegas, NV  89115
Phone 702-643-6363
Fax 702-543-7010
www.gigacrete.com

B U I L D  S T R O N G.  B U I L D  F O R W A R D.

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply email and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.