Re: pgadmin4 from apt.postgresql.org - ubuntu xenial - solved

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin4 from apt.postgresql.org - ubuntu xenial - solved
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On 31 Jan 2018, at 23:23, Tony Bazeley <tonyb@sa.apana.org.au> wrote:

Thanks I'm in now

The solution was:

python3 /usr/share/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py", line 55, in <module>
    exec(open(file_quote(setupfile), 'r').read())
  File "<string>", line 46, in <module>
  File "/usr/share/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/setup/data_directory.py", line 23, in create_app_data_directory
    _create_directory_if_not_exists(os.path.dirname(config.SQLITE_PATH))
  File "/usr/share/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/setup/data_directory.py", line 15, in _create_directory_if_not_exists
    os.mkdir(_path)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/pgadmin'

Then make directories and provide very wide permissions!

sudo mkdir /var/lib/pgadmin"

sudo chmod a+wrx /var/lib/pgadmin

sudo mkdir /var/log/pgadmin
sudo chmod a+wrx /var/log/pgadmin

tonbaz@muscat:~$ python3 /usr/share/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py
Starting pgAdmin 4. Please navigate to http://127.0.0.1:5050 in your browser.

Success and that's enough to get me and hopefully others started!

But the interesting thing is I installed the package pgadmin4 described as "PostgreSQL management tool - GUI application"

running pgadmin4
  brings up a splash screen before failing as described below

<Screenshot from 2018-02-01 08-46-00.png>

I presume this is the gui version

But the procedure above activates what I believe is the web version

Could you confirm my thinking on this

Yes, essentially (though in true web mode, the app would be hosted behind Apache/mod_wsgi). In desktop mode, I would hope the splash screen goes away and is replaced with the application window.

Cheers
Tony