Re: Trouble with conections between php and postgre

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Trouble with conections between php and postgre
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Oct 3, 2005, at 9:59 AM, luis linietsky wrote:

> Hi !, first of all: sorry about my english, i'm not from us.
> I 'm using latest versions of postgre 7.4 with php4 and apache2, on a
> debian system. I'm working with a really big database, so there are
> many querys that takes too much time to be executed (And there's
> nothig to do about it). These querys blocks the php page while's being
> loaded. The problem is that usually, one excepcts to stop those querys
> or even close the conection if the user stops the explorer or closes
> the window. However, this isn't hapening, the query keeps running in
> the database, using resources.
> I already try uselessly ignore_user_abort(False), and I don't want to
> set a time limit.
> ¿Any ideas? ¿Am I missing something ?

There is a specific protocol for canceling a query in progress. Maybe
this PHP function will work for you:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.pg-cancel-query.php

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

От: luis linietsky
Сообщение: Trouble with conections between php and postgre