Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: GetOldestXminExtend for ignoring arbitraryvacuum flags

От Seki, Eiji
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: GetOldestXminExtend for ignoring arbitraryvacuum flags
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
on 2017-02-24 04:41:09 Simon Riggs wrote:
> ...you didn't comment at all on the accuracy and usefulness of the
> gathered statistics, when the sample is biased towards non-updated
> data.

In my understanding, the sample for statistics is not biased at least in our use case because the conversion process
fromWOS to ROS never modify (but only read) indexed table and modify only an index relation. And I think such a process
thatmodifies some tables should not ignore analyze processes.

--
Regards,
Eiji Seki