Re: Best practice when reindexing in production

От Niels Kristian Schjødt
Тема Re: Best practice when reindexing in production
Дата
Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Matheus de Oliveira <matioli.matheus@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks

Can you think of a way to select all the indexes programmatically from a table and run CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY for
eachof them, so that I don't have to hardcode every index name + create statement ?

Den 29/05/2013 kl. 14.26 skrev Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>:

> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Niels Kristian Schjødt
> <nielskristian@autouncle.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a database with quite some data (millions of rows), that is heavily updated all the time. Once a day I would
liketo reindex my database (and maybe re cluster it - don't know if that's worth it yet?). I need the database to be
usablewhile doing this (both read and write). I see that there is no way to REINDEX CONCURRENTLY - So what approach
wouldyou suggest that I take on this?

> If you have the diskspaec, it's generally a good idea to do a CREATE
> INDEX CONCURRENTLY, and then rename the new one into place (typically
> in a transaction). (If your app, documentation or dba doesn't mind the
> index changing names, you don't need to rename of course, you can just
> drop the old one).
>

> --
> Magnus Hagander
> Me: http://www.hagander.net/
> Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Сообщение: Re: Best practice when reindexing in production
Сообщение: Re: Best practice when reindexing in production