Re: "make" in postgresql windows install fails

От Chigurupati, Prasad
Тема Re: "make" in postgresql windows install fails
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hi Roger,
Thanks for u r suggestion. but if i want to use Postgis later on top of Postgresql, i am not able to handle through.. be'ze
after postgresql installation i need to configure postgresql for the purpose of making postgis.. not able to fine "configure" files under prebuilt verion of postgresql. that's why needs to install other version. if we use other version , not able to create executables using gcc. giving error as "cannot create executables". but gcc is comes with cygwin.

any help please...

Rgds,
Prasad.Ch

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Ackroyd [mailto:postgresql@ackroyd.freeserve.co.uk]
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 4:52 AM
To: pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [CYGWIN] "make" in postgresql windows install fails

Prasad vencat

If you are having troubles building PostgreSQL, why not just use the
pre-built version that is part of the standard Cygwin distribution?
Then read the following carefully to install as a service under windows XP (and I think NT)

I do not think you should need to be using make at all.

If you are still having problems then search through the list archive as I know all your problems have been answered (manyt times) there.
I would advise that you follow any tips or instructions given you by Jason Tishler as he is the expert on these things.
Hope this helps.
Roger