Re: cache Memory of server

От Jan Lentfer
Тема Re: cache Memory of server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Please keep the list in copy.

Look at the log_ configuration lines in postgresql.conf, especially log_temp_files. 2GB shared buffers seems more
reasonableto me. The max_connection setting seems like a waste of resources to me, but I need to reread the pgpool
manual.But maybe your num_init_children is too high in the first place? You start at 350 initial sessions?

Von meinem iPad gesendet

> Am 09.06.2015 um 10:29 schrieb AL-Temimi, Muthana <muthana.al-temimi@tu-harburg.hamburg.de>:
>
> the max_connection=2800 because requiered configurations from pgpools see below:
>
> max_pool*num_init_children <= (max_connections - superuser_reserved_connections) (no query canceling needed)
> max_pool*num_init_children*2 <= (max_connections - superuser_reserved_connections) (query canceling needed)
>
> and here is the link for it: http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html
>
> should I increase the shared_buffer of the postgresql to 2GB instead of 1GB?
> Work_mem is just for sort the result. What should be the expacted value of work_mem?
> I don't know how to log the usage of temp files?
>
> Regards
> Muthana

low,but that depends on your actual queries. You should at least log the usage of temp files and maybe look into
pgbadgerto analyze your logs.
> Max_connections is way too high - espcially when you use a pooler. I get along using ca. 100 connections serving
severalhundreds of users using jdbc pooling.
> You might want to take a look at pgtune.
>
> Von meinem iPad gesendet
>
>> Am 09.06.2015 um 10:07 schrieb AL-Temimi, Muthana <muthana.al-temimi@tu-harburg.hamburg.de>:
>>
>> Hello Jan,
>>
>> The shared_buffers ist 1024MB of the postgresql database and the kernel.shmmax=2147483648 (2GB) of linux OS.
>>
>> And here is the some postgresql configurations:
>>
>> work_mem=4MB
>> max_connections=2800
>> shared_buffers=1024MB
>>
>> and the configuration of pgpool
>> init_childern=350
>> max_pool=4
>>
>> Regards
>> Muthana

increasedtogether with the postgres sessions. A high number here is usually somehting good, because a lot of your
filesystemsreads will be served from RAM. Looking at your numbers, I would say you are "all good" (except as Scott
said,mabye try to reduce number of parallel sessions) - big fs cache and still free RAM.