Re: socket calls in signal handler (WAS: APC + socket r

От Claudio Natoli
Тема Re: socket calls in signal handler (WAS: APC + socket r
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I don't like the idea of redesigning that
> code just because someone misunderstands it.

Fair enough, on both counts. However, the original question which was asked
out of ignorance (that I'll freely admit) doesn't seem to have been directly
addressed:

Claudio Natoli wrote:
> The specific (and possibly only? are their others?) issue is the call to
> pgstat_beterm from reaper/CleanupProc, invoked by a SIGCHLD. Can this call
> be deferred to the main loop (ie. ServerLoop) and is there any merit in
> doing so?

Just canvassing for options. If we can get a win32 specific change that we
trust, great! (I think it goes without saying that, throughout the work on
this port, we've tried to avoid changing the existing code as much as
possible). However, if we can not, I'd like to have other options, and am
exploring this possibility.

Cheers,
Claudio

---