Re: socket calls in signal handler (WAS: APC + socket r

От Claudio Natoli
Тема Re: socket calls in signal handler (WAS: APC + socket r
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> If that is indeed the case, I withdraw all my comments and misdirected
> ideas, and say we go for a win32 specific workaround :-)

We just need to be very careful on what this work-around is though...

For instance, whilst the idea of an "APCcalled" flag will work just fine,
mechanically, I'm extremely hesitant to adopt it until we *know* for sure
that, by making a socket call inside the APC, we aren't somehow munging
another part of the socket state. [after all, we didn't anticipate the
current issue]

Unfortunately, afaics, the MSDN documentation is pretty slim on details in
this regard.

Cheers,
Claudio

---