Re: LWLock/ShmemIndex startup question

От Claudio Natoli
Тема Re: LWLock/ShmemIndex startup question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane writes:
> > Just working with what we've already got. There seems to be very
> > usable code in src/backend/port/win32/sema.c, which gets invoked
> > as Win32 does not have spin-locks, but unfortunately relies on
> > ShmemInitStruct.
>
> Win32 certainly has spinlocks; it does not run on any hardware for which
> we don't have spinlock assembler.  For that matter, doesn't it have
> POSIX-compatible semaphores?  I'm not sure there's any need for
> src/backend/port/win32/sema.c at all.

["as Win32 does not have" should have been read as "as Postgres Win32 does
not have"]

I'll have a look at how we could fit in spinlock code for Win32, or at
least, using the Win32 semaphores. (Do you have any idea on the historical
context of this code? I wondered as to, if we have no win32 port, why there
would be a seemingly good-to-go sema replacement?)

No chance on getting the Shmem bootrap rearrangement past you, as described
in my earlier mail? IMNSHO, it is not entirely without merit.

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

Сообщение: Re: LWLock/ShmemIndex startup question
Сообщение: Re: LWLock/ShmemIndex startup question