Re: 7.1.3 configure failure on Solaris 2.6

От Stefan Lindner
Тема Re: 7.1.3 configure failure on Solaris 2.6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have another problem with 7.1.3 under Solaris 8 for intel. No solution
yet.
It's a compilation error with gcc2.95.3. 7.1.3 works very well. Still
investigating...

""David De Graff"" <postgresql@awarehouse.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C17673.BE8AAB40
>
> Hi,
> =20
> I've already sent this to pgsql-ports but haven't yet received a response
f=
> rom that, so am posting here.
> =20
> I'm trying to build 7.1.3 on Solaris 2.6 with gcc 2.95.3. The process is
fa=
> iling when configure tries to run a test program. PG 7.1 was previously
ins=
> talled on this box but I wiped that installation clean since it had not
bee=
> n used. Another administrator (more experienced than I) did the previous
in=
> stall. I have successfully compiled and installed php 4.0.6 today on this
s=
> erver with the same compiler.
> =20
> The current attempts fail with the following session messages:
> =20
> checking test program... failed
> configure: error:=20
> *** Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
> *** related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
> *** for the exact reason.
> #=20
>
> I have run this several times. First used some configure flags that I read
=
> were good for performance while prepping for the php compile
(CFLAGS=3D"-O3=
> " CXX=3Dgcc CXXFLAGS=3D"-O3 -fno-exceptions"), along with some PG options
t=
> hat I wanted to have available
(--enable-odbc --with-openssl --enable-syslo=
> g). Then I dropped the flags and options to a straight ./configure
(removin=
> g config.log and config.cache for each attempt).
> =20
> Reading through the config.log file, I saw that the first sign of trouble
s=
> howed a possible issue with readline missing, so I installed that. First
in=
> stalled it as a package, which generated a slightly different set of
errors=
>  in config.log. I then removed that package and installed readline from
sou=
> rce, which led to another slightly different set of config.log errors.
> =20
> I have put copies of the config.log files for a few of the configure
attemp=
> ts on the web for diagnostic access.
> =20
> See:
> =20
> http://pgsetup.awarehouse.com/pgconfig3.htm
> (After installing readline package.)
> =20
> http://pgsetup.awarehouse.com/pgconfig4.htm
> (After removing  readline package and installing readline from source.)
> =20
> The latest configure session text is available at:
> =20
> http://pgsetup.awarehouse.com/pgconfig4-session.htm
> =20
> I suspect that the real problem is related to libraries that are missing
or=
>  are not accessible, like libcompat.*. Not sure where those should be,
what=
>  paths to set in which parameters, or where to get the libraries if they
ar=
> e in fact missing. (First would need to be able to figure out which ones
ar=
> e missing. This configure program and its log don't make that clear, but
th=
> en I'm new at this.)
> =20
> Thanks for any help - am a novice at building and compiling and even more
o=
> f a newbie with Postgresql.
> =20
> Best,
> =20
> David De Graff
>

> ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C17673.BE8AAB40

> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
> <STYLE></STYLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,<BR> <BR>I've already sent
th=
> is=20
> to pgsql-ports but haven't yet received a response from that, so am
po=
> sting=20
> here.<!--StartFragment --></FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> <BR>I'm trying to build 7.1.3 on
Sol=
> aris 2.6=20
> with gcc 2.95.3. The process is failing when configure tries to run a
test=
> =20
> program. PG 7.1 was previously installed on this box but I wiped that=20
> installation clean since it had not been used. Another administrator
(more=
> =20
> experienced than I) did the previous install. I have successfully compiled
=
> and=20
> installed php 4.0.6 today on this server with the same=20
> compiler.<BR> <BR>The current attempts fail with the following
session=
> =20
> messages:<BR> <BR>checking test program... failed<BR>configure:
error:=
> =20
> <BR>*** Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a=20
> problem<BR>*** related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file=
> =20
> 'config.log'<BR>*** for the exact reason.<BR># </FONT></DIV>
> <DIV> </DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have run this several times. First used
=
> some=20
> configure flags that I read were good for performance while prepping for
th=
> e php=20
> compile (CFLAGS=3D"-O3" CXX=3Dgcc CXXFLAGS=3D"-O3 -fno-exceptions"), along
=
> with some=20
> PG options that I wanted to have available
(--enable-odbc --with-openssl=20
> --enable-syslog). Then I dropped the flags and options to a straight
./conf=
> igure=20
> (removing config.log and config.cache for each
attempt).<BR> <BR>Readi=

href=3D"http://pgsetup.awarehouse.com/pgconfig3.htm">http://pgsetup.awareho=

href=3D"http://pgsetup.awarehouse.com/pgconfig4.htm">http://pgsetup.awareho=

href=3D"http://pgsetup.awarehouse.com/pgconfig4-session.htm">http://pgsetup=
> .awarehouse.com/pgconfig4-session.htm</A><BR> <BR>I=20
> suspect that the real problem is related to libraries that are missing or
a=
> re=20
> not accessible, like libcompat.*. Not sure where those should be, what
path=
> s to=20
> set in which parameters, or where to get the libraries if they are in
fact=
> =20
> missing. (First would need to be able to figure out which ones are
missing.=
>  This=20
> configure program and its log don't make that clear, but then I'm new
at=20
> this.)<BR> <BR>Thanks for any help - am a novice at building and
compi=
> ling=20
> and even more of a newbie with
Postgresql.<BR> <BR>Best,<BR> <BR>=

От: "Ross J. Reedstrom"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] How to turn off TOAST on a table/column
От: "Steve Brett"
Сообщение: Re: Timing a query