7.1.3 configure failure on Solaris 2.6

От David De Graff
Тема 7.1.3 configure failure on Solaris 2.6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I've already sent this to pgsql-ports but haven't yet received a response from that, so am posting here.

I'm trying to build 7.1.3 on Solaris 2.6 with gcc 2.95.3. The process is failing when configure tries to run a test program. PG 7.1 was previously installed on this box but I wiped that installation clean since it had not been used. Another administrator (more experienced than I) did the previous install. I have successfully compiled and installed php 4.0.6 today on this server with the same compiler.

The current attempts fail with the following session messages:

checking test program... failed
configure: error:
*** Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
*** related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
*** for the exact reason.
#

I have run this several times. First used some configure flags that I read were good for performance while prepping for the php compile (CFLAGS="-O3" CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O3 -fno-exceptions"), along with some PG options that I wanted to have available (--enable-odbc --with-openssl --enable-syslog). Then I dropped the flags and options to a straight ./configure (removing config.log and config.cache for each attempt).

Reading through the config.log file, I saw that the first sign of trouble showed a possible issue with readline missing, so I installed that. First installed it as a package, which generated a slightly different set of errors in config.log. I then removed that package and installed readline from source, which led to another slightly different set of config.log errors.

I have put copies of the config.log files for a few of the configure attempts on the web for diagnostic access.

See:

http://pgsetup.awarehouse.com/pgconfig3.htm
(After installing readline package.)

http://pgsetup.awarehouse.com/pgconfig4.htm
(After removing  readline package and installing readline from source.)

The latest configure session text is available at:

http://pgsetup.awarehouse.com/pgconfig4-session.htm

I suspect that the real problem is related to libraries that are missing or are not accessible, like libcompat.*. Not sure where those should be, what paths to set in which parameters, or where to get the libraries if they are in fact missing. (First would need to be able to figure out which ones are missing. This configure program and its log don't make that clear, but then I'm new at this.)

Thanks for any help - am a novice at building and compiling and even more of a newbie with Postgresql.

Best,

David De Graff