Logging to Syslog on RedHat 7.1

От Eric Sawler
Тема Logging to Syslog on RedHat 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Since my earlier posts on this, I have gotten several requests for the steps
involved.
As there does not seem to be a clear explanation in the docs, I decided to
post this. Perhaps the experts can improve upon this and add it to the FAQ?

Step1: In /var/lib/pgdata/postgresql.conf, I set the following:
#
#       Debug display
#
silent_mode = false

log_connections = true
log_timestamp = true
log_pid = true

debug_level = 1 # range 0-16

#
#       Syslog
#
#ifdef ENABLE_SYSLOG
syslog = 1 # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'
#endif

Step 2:  In /etc/syslog.conf, I added:
# postgres
local0.*                                                /var/log/pgsql

Step 3: Restart postmaster and syslogd: (or reboot)
/etc/init.d/syslog restart
/etc/init.d/postgresql restart

That should do it!