RedHat logging

От Eric Sawler
Тема RedHat logging
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have tried to get postgres (7.1.3) to log to syslog but I'm not having
much luck.
I installed from the rpms (RedHat 7.1), and everything (else) is working..

In postgresql.conf I have set :-
#
#       Debug display
#
silent_mode = false

log_connections = true
log_timestamp = true
log_pid = true

debug_level = 1 # range 0-16

#debug_print_query = false
#debug_print_parse = false
#debug_print_rewritten = false
#debug_print_plan = false
#debug_pretty_print = false

#ifdef USE_ASSERT_CHECKING
#debug_assertions = true
#endif

#
#       Syslog
#
#ifdef ENABLE_SYSLOG
syslog = 2 # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'
#endif

I read in another message that syslog must be configured to handle this, so
in /etc/syslog.conf, I added
# Log postgres
postgres.*                                              /var/log/pgsql

I then restarted the system (just to be sure).
Still not getting any logs.
Do I need to modify the /etc/init.d/postgresql script as well?
It is the default one installed by the rpm..

Thanks,

Eric.

Сообщение: Re: Vacuum Fail -- sudden death of backend process.......
Сообщение: Re: Vacuum Fail -- sudden death of backend process.......