Re: Authorization problem

От Pedro Fonseca
Тема Re: Authorization problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Possibly setting restrictive permissions on the socket file is the way
> to go (see the unix_socket parameters in postgresql.conf).  pg_hba will
> certainly not help you here, but if you can set up an /etc/group entry
> with only the authorized users as its members, you're set.

Hi Tom, thanks for replying!

You mean there's no way to do this in pg_hba.conf? Geez, incredible...

Am I looking the wrong way here? How is it for everyone that hasn't got
TCP/IP PostgreSQL connections and passwords enabled? Can every user in those
systems connect to every database as any PostgreSQL user? I mean, this is
what the 'trust' AUTHTYPE does! Isn't this a bad thing?

Pedro Fonseca (pedro.fonseca@iscte.pt)
Mob.: (+351)964598357
http://www.pedrofonseca.com
ADETTI/ISCTE (Instituto Superior de Ci�ncias do Trabalho e da Empresa)