Re: Link to bug webpage

От Colin 't Hart
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Philip Warner wrote:
> I don't think this is a good solution. We really do need a list of bugs.
We
> probably need to list status and the releases they apply to.

Bugzilla can do this -- it has the concept of a Milestone and a Version.

> I don't think anybody but the most naieve (or biased) users expect
software
> to be bug free, and the number of bugs grows with the complexity of the
> components. The fact we have a lot of bugs is to be expected. The fact
that
> we don't mark them as fixed is just sloppy.

Bugzilla makes it fairly painless to mark a bug as fixed.

> Please reinstate the page, and allow some facility to edit them. I will
try
> to work through them *slowly* to verify they are reproducible/not
> reproducible in 7.1.3 and in the current CVS, then mark them as fixed in
> the appropriate release. Hopefully other people will do the same with bugs
> they know about.
>
> Does this seem reasonable?

If we install Bugzilla (running on Postgres, not MySQL, obviously) we save
ourselves the hassle of maintaining the bug system, and we can showcase
that Postgres *can* be to back a web-based system :-)

Cheers,

Colin