Re: Link to bug webpage

От Philip Warner
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 08:22 21/08/01 -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

>I removed the link to the page a few days ago.  I guess I should disable
>it as well.  Woulda been a whole lot easier if the database was just
>updated periodically.

I don't think this is a good solution. We really do need a list of bugs. We
probably need to list status and the releases they apply to.

I don't think anybody but the most naieve (or biased) users expect software
to be bug free, and the number of bugs grows with the complexity of the
components. The fact we have a lot of bugs is to be expected. The fact that
we don't mark them as fixed is just sloppy.

Please reinstate the page, and allow some facility to edit them. I will try
to work through them *slowly* to verify they are reproducible/not
reproducible in 7.1.3 and in the current CVS, then mark them as fixed in
the appropriate release. Hopefully other people will do the same with bugs
they know about.

Does this seem reasonable?

PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/